The first time I had truffle popcorn was two and half years ago when I was catching up with a friend at Bourbon Steak in Washington D.C. I was full from dinner that I had earlier, but my friend insisted that I had to try the truffle popcorn. I am so glad I found room for the popcorn because it was absolutely delicious (how can it not be with that awesome truffle smell?). I could not stop eating it.
I finally decided to try to make some truffle popcorn myself. It’s going to be a perfect snack for Oscars viewing on Sunday. I bought the truffle oil and butter at Whole Foods.
- 1 package of simply salted microwave popcorn
- 3 tablespoons of white truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon of white truffle butter
Time: 10 minutes
- Pop the popcorn.
- Heat up the truffle butter and place the the melted butter in a bowl.
- Pour the popcorn into the bowl. Place a plate over the bowl to cover it and shake the bowl.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the truffle oil. Shake the popcorn. Repeat with the additional tablespoons of truffle oil until you feel there is enough truffle. I used about 3 tablespoons.