My good friend got an ice cream maker for her birthday back in September and we immediately brainstormed a list of at least 20 ice cream flavors we wanted to create. We decided to create a series of “Ice Cream Sundays” posts to document the good and the bad of our ice cream experiments. We hope you have as much fun reading about our ice cream adventures as we do creating them.
The first ice cream we ever tried to make was a Mango Coconut Ice Cream. We based our recipe off of this one. We were very pleasantly surprised and encouraged at how well it turned out.
- 2 mangos
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 cup of sugar
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cool Time: 45 minutes
Ice Cream Mixing Time: 25 minutes
- Cut and puree the mangos.
- Combine the coconut cream and sugar in saucepan and bring to a boil. As it is coming to a boil, mix the pureed mango first and then the juice squeezed from the lime.
- Once the mixture has boiled, remove the saucepan from the heat and continue to stir.
- Let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes and then separate the mixture into 2 bowls and place them into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture and place it in the ice cream maker. Let the ice cream maker run for about 25 minutes.
Unfortunately, we were so excited about how well our ice cream turned out and shared it with friends and family that the only picture we have of our first trial is the remains of the ice cream.